5.03.2006

Maybe Someday...

The Democrats can be something approaching a united front. From The Hill:

House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) took on a rare role yesterday as a defender of President Bush.

Hoyer came to the defense of the commander in chief after Saturday’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, where the president took a drubbing from comedian Stephen Colbert.

“I thought some of it was funny, but I think it got a little rough,” Hoyer said. “He is the president of the United States, and he deserves some respect.”
Except that he doesn't. He really doesn't deserve even the tiniest bit of my respect. I can respect a politician with ideas that differ greatly from my own - but there are limits. I'm not even going to bother listing all the reasons.

If you're not sure why I don't have the slightest respect for George W. Bush as a man, a leader, or as a politician read the rest of this blog.

No comments: