4.20.2006

Blog Influence

I'm sure everybody's seen this already, but the Guardian Unlimited reports that we're having an impact.

Bloggers and internet pundits are exerting a "disproportionately large influence" on society, according to a report by a technology research company. Its study suggests that although "active" web users make up only a small proportion of Europe's online population, they are increasingly dominating public conversations and creating business trends.

[...]

"Bloggers and blog-readers are 'influentials' - the minority that pays attention to events outside of political and news cycles. They also tend on average to be better off, better educated and, more importantly, employed."
This is true. But if my boss knew I spent a bunch of my down time doing this, I probably wouldn't be.

No comments: