11.10.2006

Whew!

It's been a frenzied last seven days. Think about where we were last Friday - apprehensive, hopeful, a little bit scared Rove would beat us again - compared to where we are now. We hold both houses of Congress, 6 more governorships and made gains in many state Houses.

I can't tell you how excited I am, how relieved I am, and how thankful I am that this country finally woke up.

That said, it's 8:40am and I'm ready to go to sleep!

I only posted once yesterday and this will probably be my only post today. I'm tired, a little bit behind at work and I just need a break. Not like the break I took over the summer, but a break none the less.

Come Monday morning, this blog will make a great conceptual shift, from opposition to ruling party. Gone are the days of focusing on how Democrats can save this country, by hook or by crook, from a ruling cabal ofcorporatist, theo-cons, neo-cons, and Christianists. On Monday morning, this blog will be about how Democrats (and Liberals, Progressives, and our center-left allies) can govern this country.

It will be up to us to lead. Bush is not just a lame duck, he's a cooked duck. We have the momentum. This blog will be about how to use that for the common good.

No comments: