11.08.2006

I'm waiting...

Sen. McCain: Don't you owe me something?

Actually, Senator, I'm feeling rather magnanimous. Maybe you could just go away. I mean, suicide seems rather extreme, don't you think? You could retire to a ranch in Arizona and paint desert landscapes for the rest of your days. You could even write poetry, though I'm not sure I would be likely to buy a book of your verse at Barnes & Noble.

If you feel that you just can't let go of politics and governing, why don't you follow the lead of Jimmy Carter? Go watch elections in other countries. Honestly, that would be more productive than you watching the grass roots grow.

Hell, if you're into it, just resign your Senate seat and take a job on K Street. I'm not sure that it's any more ignoble than suicide. Maybe just a little bit...


No comments: