10.12.2006

Foley's Fondlings?

The Michigan Daily reports:

A former House page said he witnessed inappropriate contact between former Republican Congressman Mark Foley and another page in the back of the House floor in early 2001.

The page, Richard Nguyen, a first-year student at the University's Gerald Ford School of Public Policy, said he saw Foley pat a male page's behind.

Foley's attorney did not return calls for comment.

Nguyen said he was not sure during which month the incident took place. He was a page between January and June of 2001.

Nguyen did not report the incident to authorities. At the time, the then-16-year-old thought it was "questionable activity," but he was unsure how to interpret it.

"I wasn't sure if it was a social norm I wasn't accustomed to," Nguyen said. "I mean, you see athletes patting each other's asses all the time on the field."
Mark Foley had a whole different idea in his
head when he said 'nice play, son' and slapped the kids ass, I'm sure.

So much for the 'naughty emails' defense.

I hate dwelling on this story. It makes me so disgusted that my elected officials are so corrupt and so focused on maintaining power that they'll let this guy keep his job when they knew what he was doing to the pages...

No comments: