4.21.2006

Kerry 2008?

Reuters reports on Kerry's possible 2008 Presidential Run:

Former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry said on Thursday he was seriously thinking about another White House bid in 2008 and will decide before the year is out.

"I will make that decision toward the end of the year, but I'm thinking about it hard," Kerry said in response to a question at the Latin Economic Forum at the United Nations.

"If you can get help me find 60,000 votes in Ohio ...," he joked, referring to the close race in that state on which his 2004 loss to President Bush hinged.
Let me say this about Kerry Redux: There are worse candidates out there. Hillary Clinton, for one. I like Hillary. I think she would be a very good President. Her problem is that SO many people hate her just because her last name is Clinton. At this point in history, with our war against Islamist Exteremism, the rise of Dominionism at home, shortages of oil and rising health care costs, Progressives / Liberals / Democrats cannot afford to run a candidate that has such a slim chance of winning.

John Kerry would have made a very good President but a very lousy drinking buddy. That's why he and Al Gore both lost. The thing is, I think America has learned its lesson when it comes to electing Presidents. While it's ok to vote for the coolest person when your voting for student council, when you're voting for the person who will decide if and when our soldiers are sent off to some foreign land and asked to fight and die...

The one thing Kerry might have going for him is a 'gee, I should have voted for him last time' sentiment. Plus name recognition. That said, there are better candidates out there. I'm not looking to find my favorite until after the 2006 Congressional elections anyway.

No comments: