3.28.2006

Jerry Falwell's Idiocy

My favorite crazy fundie, Pat Robertson, has been quiet lately. With John McCain speaking at Falwell's Liberty University, I thought I'd document some of the batshit crazy stuff he's said:

“I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won’t have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them. What a happy day that will be!” – America Can Be Saved, 1979 pp. 52-53, from Albert J. Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom

“I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One’s misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status.” – USA Today Chat, quoted from The Religious Freedom Coalition, " The Two faces of Jerry Falwell"

“I think Muhammad was a terrorist. I read enough by both Muslims and non-Muslims, [to decide] that he was a violent man, a man of war.” – 60 Minutes (CBS) (September 30, 2002)

“...You’ve got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I am for the President—chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord.” – CNN Debate with Jesse Jackson (October 24, 2004)
"Blow them all away in the name of the Lord." Pretty scarry stuff. Somebody needs to ask Mr. McCain if he thinks that the United States should be in the business of blowing people away "in the name of the Lord."

Quotes from CampusProgress.

No comments: